The BES990BSSUSC Oracle Touch is Australian kitchen appliance maker Breville’s first ever fully automatic espresso machine. If you are a java aficionado but don’t have the time to brew the perfect coffee first thing in the morning, this machine will do that for you. This espresso machine has a touch screen as the name suggests and does everything from grinding, frothing milk and brewing all on its own. The Breville Oracle Touch has been hailed across reviews, and we will look at its pros and cons and other features to see if this really is the case. But before we do that, let’s see what Breville as a company is all about.
Breville has been in existence since 1932 and was founded in Sydney, Australia, but now delivers kitchen appliances to over 70 countries. Breville is so well known in its native country that it has become synonymous with kitchen appliances. These appliances include pressure cookers, ovens, grills, fry pans, microwave ovens, snack makers, hot plates, deep fryers and of course, coffee machines among others.
The company is also credited with inventing the first sandwich toaster in 1974, which became an instant hit with the local population. This, apart from their impressive espresso line and the first juicer to be able to extract juice from whole fruit is what has made Breville a name to reckon with in the industry.
- Fully Automated: Coffee making was never this easy. The Oracle Touch is fully automated and equipped with a touch panel. All you have to do is swipe and select the type of brew you want; flat white, cappuccino, latte, espresso or long black.
- Coffee Grinding: You can’t miss the burr coffee grinder that allows you to grind the exact amount of coffee every time with just the touch of a button. You can even adjust the settings in case you have changed the grind.
- Customized Taste: No longer you have to be at the mercy of the machine and hope for a miracle for that perfect cuppa! Adjust the milk texture, coffee strength and temperature according to your taste buds.
- Accurate Temperature Control: Temperature can make all the difference when it comes to creating the perfect brew. Oracle Touch makes use of the PID controllers, otherwise known as digital temperature control, making sure the extraction happens in a controlled environment.
- Auto Milk Frothing: Oracle Touch creates the perfect silky texture in the milk with just the right steam temperature. Create lattes with lighter, creamier micro-foam that accentuates the taste of the coffee and is truly barista The steam wand will leave you really impressed. Go ahead and create that perfect latte art!
- Perfect Water Pressure: No more bitter tasting coffee, thanks to Over Pressure Valve (OPV) technology that limits temperature during extraction. Instead, the pressure is gently increased to expand the grinds, so the extraction is smooth and rich.
- Pre-infusion: Before starting an extraction, the machine can be programmed to soak the grind for a while. The result is a delicious, flavorful brew that is well rounded and aromatic!
- Dual Boilers: One boiler is dedicated to steaming milk and the other is dedicated for extracting coffee. Both these functions are done at a constant temperature to make the whole process faster
- Favorites: The touch panel already has 5 pre-programmed settings, but you can create and save up to 8 settings under separate names for other members of the house.
- Warranty: With this machine, Breville gives you a full 2-year repair warranty.
- Brews excellent, delicious coffee every single time, and fast. Creates 5 popular brews such as cappuccino, flat white, latte, long black or espresso at the touch of a button. Experience a true cafe quality at home!
- How do you like your coffee? Do you like it really strong? Extra frothy, or half strength? You can do all that with real customizability that lets you play with milk temperature, coffee strength and temperature to your specification.
- Create and save up to 8 personalized coffees for yourself or for family and friends.
- Optimizes the flavor of your favorite beans, thanks to the precise extraction temperature.
- Get a consistent, finely ground cup of coffee, every single time!
- Beautifully integrated coffee and milk for a satisfying flavor and the really fine micro-foam leaves a velvety feel in your mouth.
- Impress your friends and family with latte art thanks to the steam wand which is powered by a dedicated steam boiler that textures the milk automatically.
- Very simple to use, and most importantly, very easy to clean. The water tank is removable for easy cleaning, and most importantly, every time the steam wand is used, it cleans itself automatically!
- Very low maintenance; all you will have to do is refill the water and the grid every now and then.
- Some customers are really impressed with the customer service and have left very positive Breville Oracle Touch reviews on some websites.
- This machine is good for making cafe-quality brews, but it comes at a hefty price, and hence, is not for everyone.
- Some customers feel that the machine eats through a lot of coffee and milk and is not really economic.
Overall Well Balanced Features and Price
All the reviews that we came across have unanimously hailed it as one of the best products in its category. The ease of use and great features such as the 5 presets, complete coffee care (that includes brewing, grinding and frothing milk), the smooth touch screen controls, quick heating and creating well-balanced brews are all testament to why this product is loved by its users.
It is quite expensive for a lot of people, so before buying it for your home, a lot of consideration has to go into it. Since there is no other machine like it on the market, there is nothing you can compare it with. But being expensive does not mean that the Breville Oracle Touch needs high upkeep; the steam wand cleans itself up automatically and the water tank can be cleaned in the sink.
All things considered, the Oracle Touch makes great coffee straight out of the box, is easy to operate and even lets you tinker with the manual settings. This is a machine made with fine engineering and dedication that happens to make delicious coffee too! A truly fine machine for experts and novices alike.