The Thermador MBES 2.1 cubic feet stainless built-in microwave oven is a kitchen appliance that boasts of spacious interiors and an intelligent cooking experience. It has a sleek look and offers a combined cooking and baking experience. But is the microwave oven as good as it sounds on paper? The following is a brief assessment of the features that this built-in microwave oven offers and what the pros and cons of buying this kitchen appliance are. But before getting into the Thermador microwave review, let us take a look at what Thermador as a company has to offer.
Thermador has been a respected and formidable name in the world of kitchen and household appliances. The company’s quality has been uncompromised for years. It took the American household’s imagination by storm in 1916 and has been continuing to do that since. But today, Thermador has made its presence felt across the world. Thermador appliances are being used in many parts of the world and the service has been highly recommended. The Thermador stainless steel built-in microwave ovens are also meant to continue in the same tradition. Let us see if the MBES 2.1 cubic feet built-in microwave oven lives up to its name.
- Spacious Interiors: At 2.1 cubic feet, the microwave oven has incredibly spacious interiors. It has a turntable and can fit a two-level cooking rack. The rack is large enough to accommodate fairly spacious, oblong dishes — ideal for baking a delicious lasagna in no time.
- Sensor Cooking: The sensor cooking feature allows you to cook a variety of different foods without necessarily selecting the cooking time or power levels. The microwave oven is intelligent enough to set the appropriate cooking time. This is especially important because not all baked dishes have a standard cooking time and this microwave oven makes it easier to cook with that flexibility.
- Durability: There are no points for guessing that this is one of the most durable microwave ovens available in the market. Its stainless steel construction ensures that the kitchen appliance is strong and lasts you for a long time. The front screen is built with durable glass and the cavity material inside is lacquered. This is a great oven that is sure to stand the test of time.
- Turntable: It has a turntable disk that manages to provide triple distribution of the microwave energy. Whatever is placed on the turntable is able to cook evenly as the energy is distributed well. Given the spacious interiors, the turntable disk can also accommodate large microwave-friendly vessels.
- Energy Efficient: This is an extremely energy efficient microwave oven. It is a 1200-watt machine and has a timer with a cooking function and also an automatic shut-off feature that ensures the machine consumes minimal power when it is not in use. The microwave oven also uses LED illumination for the interior, which provides lighting only during a task and that too an optimal, energy-efficient light, only when it is required.
- Defrost/Reheat Settings: Whether you want to reheat food or defrost a frozen bag of food, the sensor-cooking technology is intelligent enough to determine the power level and the appropriate cooking time.
- Easy Clean: The device also has a seamless vent cover which makes it extremely easy to clean the interiors of the microwave oven. You no longer have to worry about leaving behind any odor. Pro tip, place a bowl of water (you can add some lemon for a fresh fragrance) in the microwave and let it boil. The steam created from the boiling water is ideal to clean out the microwave. Just use a clean cloth to wipe the insides once the water has created enough steam. Voila! You’re done.
- This is a built-in microwave oven, which means you can use it for a variety of things. You do not need to buy a separate oven or OTG for baking — your microwave is good for both.
- The microwave is extremely easy to clean. As mentioned above, the seamless vent cover removes all the odor and makes it a dream to clean. But the lacquered interiors also make it easy to run a simple cloth over the surface and make it look squeaky clean.
- This is an extremely intelligent machine and is able to discern what you are looking for. Whether you want to cook something fresh, reheat something or defrost a frozen bag, the microwave can determine the power and cooking time required.
- Most importantly, this is an extremely chic and sleek looking microwave thanks to the stainless steel exterior. It is sure to snazz up the look of your kitchen and make it sophisticated.
- The microwave oven is a little steeply priced compared to its other counterparts in the market. For a microwave priced at $799, one would expect there to be no complaints.
- Some customers complained that the microwave would shut off on its own even when it was in use, hindering the cooking process and making it extremely frustrating.
As has been made clear from the Thermador microwave review above, there are several things that this stainless steel built-in microwave oven does right. The microwave makes the cooking and baking experience much easier by offering a sensor cooking feature, which helps determine the amount of power required and how much cooking time is required. It is also an extremely spacious microwave oven which allows you to cook or bake in large quantities. You do not necessarily have to cook or bake in different batches. You can manage to get the job done in a single session. It may be an expensive microwave oven (which has been described as a con above), but given how many features the microwave oven has to offer, the price justifies itself. You can have plenty of weekend cookouts, invite friends over and have a feast, all while running a kitchen that looks sophisticated and modern, thanks to this sleek looking stainless steel microwave oven. For these reasons and more, the Thermador microwave reviews favorably.